Social Media Principles
In order for Horizon Health Network to engage in social media communication, we ask the public and staff to adhere to the Editorial Principles set out below.
Horizon Editorial Principles:
- Comments that are respectful and relevant to ongoing conversations on our Twitter sites are welcome.
- Horizon reserves the right to remove the following: photos, video or audio recordings or text that involves confidential information of identifiable Horizon patients and families or staff, offensive comments, and comments violating New Brunswick or Canadian laws and regulations.
- Horizon cannot deal with any specific matter or file involving staff or patients, nor disclose confidential information about matters such as complaints or investigations.
- Horizon is not responsible for the content of sites accessed via hyperlinks published in Horizon messages and in the comments posted on our social media sites.
- Horizon's Corporate Twitter site will post in both official languages.
- Horizon's CEO Twitter site will publish tweets in his or her working language.
- Twitter should not be considered as the official source for Horizon policies and guidelines. Please consult www.HorizonNB.ca for official updates.
- The Twitter accounts of Horizon and its CEO are not monitored around the clock. Horizon will make every effort to answer any questions within 48 hours.
- If you are a journalist, please send your questions to the Media Relations Advisor at Media@HorizonNB.ca.