Patient Representative Services
Horizon's Patient Representative Services provides information, support, encouragement and assistance to patients, families and staff in all our facilities during a patient's health care experience.
This service reflects our commitment to patient and family centered care, and enables us to be more responsive to patients' concerns and questions.
Patient Representatives are here to:
- Listen to your complaints, concerns and needs in confidence
- Help improve communication and resolve misunderstandings or concerns
- Act as a bridge between patients, families and hospital staff and systems
- Receive and pass on compliments
- Arrange a meeting, if required to resolve a matter, between relevant hospital staff and patients and their families
- Provide feedback to patients and families about actions and outcomes with respect to their situation
- Provide information on Horizon's policies and procedures, such as Rights, Responsibilities and Expectations
When should you reach out to us?
- Did you find your hospital visit to be stressful or disruptive for you or a family member?
- Do you need someone other than your health care providers to speak on your behalf?
- Did you have difficulty expressing your needs or concerns?
- Do you have compliments about your experience that you wish to share?
How to reach us
If we are unavailable to take your call, please leave a detailed message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Fill out a complaint form here.
Send a letter to your local health care facility, addressed to Patient Representative Services.
Patient representatives are accessible through any Horizon hospital, health centre or community program across New Brunswick. Their offices are located at the following hospitals:
- Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital (Level 2)
- Miramichi Regional Hospital (Level 4)
- The Moncton Hospital (Main Level)
- Saint John Regional Hospital (Level 2)