Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
The Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital is located in the City of Fredericton, the capital of New Brunswick. This regional hospital is recognized as a centre of expertise for reconstructive and restorative medicine and a leading plastic surgery centre.
The Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital provides undergraduate and graduate education experience for approximately 20 health disciplines and is a certified partner of the Dalhousie University Family Medicine program, the University of New Brunswick nursing program, and offers the only Clinical Pastoral Education internship program and certification in New Brunswick.
Location Address:700 Priestman Street, PO Box 9000, Fredericton, N.B. E3B 5N5
Hours of Operation:24/7.
Approximate Number of inpatient beds: 315
Other Notes: Visiting Hours
Healthy Aging and Rehabilitation (3NE)
Monday to Friday 3 p.m.to 8 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and holidays 11 a.m.to 8 p.m.
Labour and Delivery
Partner/support person: Unrestricted
Siblings/grandparents and general public: 12 p.m.to 8 p.m.
*Mothers are encouraged to rest when baby is sleeping. Door signs are used to indicate when mothers are accepting visitors and when they do not want to be disturbed.
**The only children permitted to visit are the siblings of newborns. Visitors with colds, sore throats, cough, flu-like symptoms or undiagnosed rashes are asked not to visit.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (3NW)
Parents, siblings and grandparents may visit any time during the day or night with the exception of:
Day report: 7:15 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
Night report: 7.15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
Daily medical rounds: 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Siblings must be physically well, i.e., no colds, flu, and must not have been recently exposed to chicken pox (if not vaccinated).
Other children may visit if accompanied by the parent(s) during regular visiting hours on 3NW. This includes any child over the age of 12. Under the age of 12 they must be a sibling.
Immediate family: Unrestricted
General public: 12 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Rest period 12:30 – 2 p.m. – no visiting during this time.
Transitional Care Unit (4E)
Daily 11 a.m.to 8 p.m.
Quiet rest time 2 p.m. to 3:p.m.
10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. immediate family only
12 p.m.to 8 p.m. general public (2 visitors per patient)
Visiting hours 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Limit of 2 visitors at a time.
Restrictions on small children visiting.
Family 10:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
All others 12 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Parking is available on site.
$1.50 per hour or part of
$6.00 per day
$15.00 Weekly Pass
$22.00 15 Day Pass
$39.00 – Monthly Pass.
Day and Monthly passes may be purchased from the first floor cashier’s office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m on regular business days or from the booth attendant whenever they are present.
- Day Surgery
- Dialysis (Nephrology)
- Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Gynecology Surgery
- Geriatrics / Restorative Care
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Internal Medicine
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Minor Surgery
- Palliative Care
- Ophthalmology (Eye) Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Urology Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Deaf and hard of hearing service
- Clinical Nutrition
- Occupational Therapy
- Patient Representative
- Recreational Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Spiritual and Religious Services
- Social Work
- Blood and Specimen Collection
- Bone Marrow Biopsies
- Breathing Function Lab
- Bronchoscopy (visual of inside of airways)
- CT Scan (used to see internal structures)
- Cystoscopy (visual of urinary bladder)
- Endoscopy (visual examination of a bodily canal or hollow organ)
- ECG (record of cardiac activity)
- Fluoroscopy (use of dye in X-ray)
- Holter monitoring
- Neuro Electrodiagnostics (assessment of brain and nervous system – EEG)
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Mammography (breast screening)
- Nuclear Medicine (use of radioactive dye)
- Spirometry (a simple breathing test)
- Asthma Clinic
- Blood Transfusions
- Chronic Wound Clinic
- Colposcopy Clinic
- Dermatology Clinic
- Diabetes Clinics
- Dialysis (Hemodialysis)
- Eye Clinic
- Obstetrics Clinic
- Prenatal Clinic
- Gastro Intestinal (GI) Lab Clinic
- Geriatric Assessment Clinic/Healthy Aging
- Lithotripsy (stone(s) in the urinary system or gallbladder)
- Pediatrics Clinic
- Psychiatry Clinic
- Oncology Clinic
- Early Childhood Initiatives
- Health Emergency Planning
- Health Promotion Programs
- Healthy Learners Program
- Children and Adolescents
- Communicable Disease Prevention
- HIV Anonymous Testing
- Sexual Health Program