The Saint John School of Radiation Therapy partners with UNBSJ and CancerCare Manitoba (CCMB) to deliver a Bachelor of Health Sciences in Radiation Therapy. Students attending our program complete Year 1 (prerequisite courses) at UNBSJ, Year 2 at CCMB/UW and the Saint John School of Radiation Therapy, and Years 3 and 4 at UNBSJ and the Saint John School of Radiation Therapy.
- students apply to The Bachelor of Health Sciences in Radiation Therapy by filling out an application form early in the second term of their first year of university
- application forms are available at UNBSJ
- applications are due no later than January 31st of each calendar year
- the top six to eight applicants, based on combination of merit and academic standing, will be invited for a mandatory departmental tour and a formal interview
- candidates are interviewed by the Saint John School of Radiation Therapy selection committee
- after the interviews are completed, applicants will be ranked based on academics, career investigation, work experience and extracurricular activities
- two candidates will be accepted into the class each year; acceptance is conditional upon completion of all prerequisite UNBSJ courses with a grade of C or better
- qualified applicants not initially accepted may be placed on a waiting list
- the Saint John School of Radiation Therapy does not release an applicant's position on the waiting list
- preference is given to students who complete their first-year studies in science at UNB or UNBSJ
For career investigation, a clinical site tour is suggested.
Contact the Nursing and Health Sciences Advisor at UNBSJ for additional application instructions.