Medical Cardiac Sonography Technologist (SN02)
Competition Number : 2012-5853
Date Posted : January 23, 2013
Closing Date : Until filled
Location / Department : Fredericton
Bargaining Unit : PARAMED
Facility : Dr. Everett Chalmers Hospital
Position Type : Permanent Part Time
Language : English
Classification : SN02
Horizon Health Network is a multi-facility health care organization providing inpatient, outpatient and community-based services in western New Brunswick. We have an immediate opportunity for a permanent part time Medical Cardiac Sonography Technologist in our Electrodiagnostics Department at the Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital, in Fredericton, NB.
The Medical Sonography Technologist - Cardiac is responsible for performing cardiac ultrasound examinations.
The Medical Sonography Technologist - Cardiac is responsible for:
• Preparing patients for cardiac ultrasound
• Preparing and operating equipment used in cardiac ultrasound examinations
• Screening test results and preparing reports for physicians
• Cleaning, inspecting, troubleshooting and maintaining cardiac ultrasound equipment
• Maintaining clinical records and documentation
• Providing mentoring and support for technicians and other health care professionals
Completion of a recognized Diagnostic Sonography Training Program with a specialty in Cardiac Ultrasound. Registered or eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals or the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Attention to Detail
Planning and Prioritizing Work
Teamwork and Collaboration