Policy Approval Policy
1. The Horizon Health Network Board of Directors approves:
- governance policies originating from the Board or a Committee of the Board (e.g., Vision, Mission, Goals, strategic directions, values).
- by exception, certain operational policies that have significant implication related to their stewardship role, public confidence, ethics, quality or risk.
- policies directing the actions of Board Members.
2. The Executive Management Team (EMT) approves policies related to the operations of Horizon Health Network. EMT may delegate approval to appropriate senior managers in the Policy Development and Implementation policy.
3. The EMT ensures implementation and maintenance of an effective operational policy framework for Horizon Health Network. (The framework includes accountability (persons) and processes for policy development, review, approval and implementation).