Experience Conference 2016
On November 7th and 8th, 2016 in Moncton, New Brunswick, Horizon Health Network hosted international, national and regional leaders with expertise in patient and family centred care, quality and patient safety.
The Experience Conference fosters thought-provoking dialogue, promotes best practices, and inspires participants to move forward in the quest to provide exceptional care to every person every day.
I would like to offer my sincere and heartfelt thanks to the members of theExperience Conference Planning Committeefor your dedication, enthusiasm, and most of all your teamwork in the planning and execution of Horizon Health Network's inaugural patient and family centred care conference.
I know first-hand the time and work the conference planning has required, and each of you has been instrumental in creating the success we hope to achieve. I have been proud to lead such a committed team and look forward to a successful and inspiring conference.
With much gratitude,
Margaret Melanson,Vice President,
Quality and Patient Centred Care Chair
2016 Experience Conference Steering Committee
- Patient engagement from the lens of the clinician and the VP (Dr. Irfa Dhalla)
- 2016 Patient Safety Champions Awards
- One café, two milks, lots of patients! (Pauline Perron)
- Weight management in patients living with chronic diseases: A gender-sensitive intervention (Jalila Jbilou)
- Live Well! Bien Vivre! (Claude Vautour)
- I Need a CABG!?!: One Patient's Experience (Dr. Camille Haddad & Dawn Haddad)
- Holding Space for the Conversations that Matter: Challenges, Opportunities & Lessons Learned from Patient, Family & Community Engagement (Stephani Roy McCallum)
- Quality & Safety Management in Healthcare: Where is the patient in all of this? (Dr. Ward Flemons)
- Patient Partnership in Healthcare: A Necessary Transition (Vincent Dumez)
- What Citizen Centred Health Services Look Like: Perspective Matters (Michelina Mancuso)
- Teleneuropsychology: Are Patient And Family Satisfaction And Understanding Of Cognitive Test Results Similar Across In-Person And Videoconferencing Modalities? (Joanne Savoie)
- Pacemaker Follow-up Done in Nursing and Special Care Homes (Lorna McConnel & Jean Robinson)
- Rapid Rehabilitation & Reablement (R&R) for Seniors (Wandlyn Richards)
Horizon's commitment to Patient and Family Centred Care
Patients and their families are at the centre of everything we do at Horizon. With the Launch of our five year Strategic Plan: A Healthier Future for New Brunswick in January 2015, Patient and Family Centred Care has been our top strategic priority and the Experience Conference aligns with our vision of providing Exceptional care. Every person. Every day.
Horizon facilities are transforming the way care is delivered. The health care staff, patients and families are all working together to meet the individual health care needs of our patients.