Miramichi Regional Hospital
The Miramichi Regional Hospital provides health-care services to the City of Miramichi and surrounding communities. We offer a full compliment of health-care services, including General Surgery, Urology, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology and Oncology services. A large variety of ambulatory care services are also provided including a Healthy Kids Pediatric Ambulatory Care program.
Miramichi is a leader in the area of Population Health with the “Mango Program.” Mango offers many innovative Population Health Programs such as the “Mango Restaurant Program,” wherein participating restaurants place a small mango symbol next to a healthy menu choice.
We have state-of-the-art Diagnostic Equipment, including a 64-slice CT scanner and Accredited Digital Mammogram machines.
The Miramichi’s culture is firmly grounded in the Mi'kmaq, Acadian, Scottish and Irish traditions of the region's founding population, particularly in the fishing, sailing and lumbering industries.
Location Address:500 Water St., Miramichi, N.B. E1V 3G5
Mailing Address:500 Water St., Miramichi, N.B. E1V 3G5
Approximate Number of inpatient beds: 150
Parking is available on site
Cost for parking is $2 per day
This facility is wheel chair accessible.
Visiting hours are limited to Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays from 3 p.m.
4:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• A photo ID must be provided.
• Only children of clients may visit and must be supervised by the client at all times.
• Visitors are not permitted for the first 48 hours following admission.
Concentrated Care Unit
No visitors are permitted during rest periods: 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Only immediate family may visit.
• Children under 12 are not permitted unless authorized by staff.
• The length of each visit will be determined by nursing staff depending on patient
Immediate family only with permission from staff.
Medical/Palliative (4 East)
Medical Patients - Family/public: 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Palliative Patients - Family/friends: No restrictions. Rest period: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Medical Step Down (2 West) Family/public: 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
OSS/Gynecology (2 East)
Father/significant other: no restrictions.
Siblings and grandparents: 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
All other visitors: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Pediatrics (4 West)
Parents or guardians: no restrictions.
Public: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m and 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Only 2 visitors per patient at anyone time in addition to the parents and/or guardians.
Psychiatry (1 West)
All visitors must report to the nursing station.
Monday to Friday visiting hours: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. hours.
Weekend and holiday visiting hours: 11:30 a.m. -9 p.m.
Children may visit between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. and must be supervised by an accompanying adult.
Restorative Care and Rehabilitation (l East)
Family/public: 2 p.m. to 9p.m.
Family/public: 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Children and Youth Treatment Programs
- Gambling Program
- Inpatient Acute Care Psychiatric Unit
- Inpatient Addictions (Detox)
- Individual Family and Group Counseling
- Community Care
- Methadone Treatment Program
- Substance Abuse Day Programs and Support Groups
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Youth Outpatient Services
- Day Surgery
- Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Gynecology Surgery
- Geriatrics / Restorative Care
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Internal Medicine
- Minor Surgery
- Palliative Care
- Ophthalmology (Eye) Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Urology Surgery
- Clinical Nutrition
- Occupational Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Speech Language Pathology
- Spiritual and Religious Services
- Social Work
- Blood and Specimen Collection
- Breathing Function Lab
- CT Scan (used to see internal structures)
- Cystoscopy (visual of urinary bladder)
- Endoscopy (visual examination of a bodily canal or hollow organ)
- ECG (record of cardiac activity)
- Fluoroscopy (use of dye in X-ray)
- Holter monitoring
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Mammography (breast screening)
- Spirometry (a simple breathing test)
- Asthma Clinic
- Blood Transfusions
- Chronic Wound Clinic
- Colposcopy Clinic
- Dermatology Clinic
- Diabetes Clinics
- Eye Clinic
- Facture/Orthopedic Clinic Prenatal Assessment Clinic
- Prenatal Clinic
- Gastro Intestinal (GI) Lab Clinic
- Lithotripsy (stone(s) in the urinary system or gallbladder)
- Pediatrics Clinic
- Psychiatry Clinic
- Obstetrics Clinic
- Oncology Clinic
- Urodynamics Clinic (function and dysfunction of the bladder)
- Vital Cardiac Triage Clinic
- Long-Term Care Assessment
- Schools and Nursing Home Services
- Treatments, Education and Consultation
- Early Childhood Initiatives
- Health Emergency Planning
- Health Promotion Programs
- Healthy Learners Program
- Communicable Disease Prevention
- HIV Anonymous Testing
- Sexual Health Program